Meningitis Litigation Update
• Overview of the Litigation
• Timeline of Events
• NECC and Affiliated Entities
• Status of Filed Actions
• Massachusetts Coordination
• Upcoming MDL Hearing and MDL Petitions
• Update on the NECC bankruptcy proceedings
Science and Regulatory Issues
• Explanation of the Science of Meningitis
• Infections and Other Injuries
• Methylprednisolone Acetate and Other Medicines at Issue
• Regulatory Oversight of Compounding Pharmacies
Building Your Meningitis Case, Drafting Your Complaint, and Filing Suit
• Identifying Meritorious Cases
• Confirming the Diagnosis
• Potential Sources of Recovery and; Related Naming Facilities that Administered the Injection; Duty of Physicians to Ensure Safety
• Causes of Action
• Piercing the Corporate Veil
Question and Answer Session
Please Note: Contact your state CLE administrator to determine whether it accepts teleseminars for mandatory CLE credit.
Earn approximately 1.4* CLE credits, to be applied to your participation in AAJ’s professional recognition programs. For information about AAJ’s professional recognition programs, visit www.justice.org/recognition. AAJ Education programs are routinely accredited by states requiring continuing legal education. CLE questions may be addressed by calling the CLE Assistant at 800-622-1791 or 202-965-3500, ext. 8335.
The Achievement Recognition Program (ARP) provides Advocate, Fellow, and Diplomate recognition to AAJ members. To gain ARP credits, submit a certificate of attendance for every seminar, college, and convention you attend.
* Number of credits may vary depending on calculation method used by individual state accreditation agencies. AAJ is a State Bar of California MCLE-approved provider.
*The State of Ohio requires providers of Continuing Legal Education to submit programs for approval 60 days in advance of the program’s start date. Although we make every effort to submit programs for approval within the stated guidelines, many programs that we offer are rapid response. As a result we are often unable to comply with the guidelines set forth by the Supreme Court of Ohio. Please contact the AAJ Education Department at 800.622.1791 or 202.965.3500, ext. 8612 to verify whether the program has been approved by Ohio prior to registration.