Each New Lawyer Board of Governor is responsible for assisting with, and participating in, various projects and activities that serve to enhance and grow membership within the American Association for Justice (AAJ) New Lawyers Division (NLD).
Term of Service
NLD Governors serve for a one-year term. Governors may continue to serve at the end of each term by (1) re-submitting an application, and (2) completing three or more Governor requirements within their term.
Governors must complete three or more of the following to be eligible for service on the NLD Board of Governors:
- Contribute documents to the NLD Document Library
- Participate in one of NLD’s PAC phonatons
- Contribute to the NLD’s fundraising efforts during the fiscal year
- Participate in one of the NLD’s membership phonathons
- Participate in an NLD sponsored public/community service project
- Participate in organizational conference calls with ideas for better serving the Division
- Join and be active on an NLD Committee
- Write an article for The Sidebar and/or the Web site
- Attend an AAJ convention
- Organize a NLD regional cocktail hour or party