AAJ Trial Advocacy Scholarship
Open to all AAJ Law Student Members who are entering their second and third year of law school, this $3,000 scholarship is awarded to the applicant who best demonstrates the following: commitment to AAJ and its mission; a desire to represent victims; interest and skill in trial advocacy; and financial need.
The deadline for the 2017 AAJ Trial Advocacy Scholarship has passed. The next scholarship cycle will open in February, 2018.
The scholarship will be awarded to the applicant who best:
- Demonstrates a commitment to AAJ and dedication to its mission through extensive involvement in AAJ student chapter activities;
- Expresses a desire to represent victims;
- Exhibits an interest and proficiency of skills in trial advocacy;
- Shows a financial need for the scholarship.
Applications must include the following:
- A resumé
- A statement of financial need
- A 500-word essay on how you meet the criteria
- Up to three (3) recommendations from a faculty adviser, trial advocacy professor, dean, AAJ member, or trial lawyer; and
- A completed form verifying your student status. Download the form.
Every applicant must be and AAJ law student member (join here) and enrolled in an ABA accredited law school. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Submit applications to:
AAJ Membership Department
777 6th Street NW
Washington, DC 20001
Please contact the AAJ Membership Department with questions at 800-424-2727 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Congratulations to the winner of the 2017 Trial Advocacy Scholarship:
Arthur E. Haynes II
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign College of Law
J. Schuyler Brown
University of Florida Levin College of Law
University of California, Irvine School of Law
Syracuse University College of Law