December 6, 2012
12:00 - 4:00 pm
Overview of Litigation
The Defendant: Fresenius Medical Care (FMC)
State and Federal Court Strategy
• Overview of Massachusetts law
• Jurisdiction and venue
• Timeline of events
• Discussion of FDA and company documents
Medical and Scientific Overview of GranuFlo Cases
• Dialysis 101: A generic overview of the process and mechanics of the dialysis machine
• GranuFlo leading to elevated bicarbonate levels: Understanding the science and chemistry
• The impact of elevated bicarbonate levels on the heart: Understanding the electrophysiology
Case Screening and Product Identification
FDA 510(k) Regulatory Process
The Fraud Case
Theories of Liability
• Product liability claims involving the machine
Earn approximately 3* CLE and NCA credits to be applied to your participation in the NCA's Achievement Recognition Program. For more general CLE information consult the CLE coordinator at 800.622.1791, ext. 8612.
Professional Recognition Programs
Click here to learn more about AAJ's Professional Recognition Programs, Achievement Recognition Program (ARP) and Advanced Studies in Trial Advocacy (ASTA), or call 800.622.1791 or 202.965.3500, ext. 8612.
The Achievement Recognition Program (ARP) provides Advocate, Fellow, and Diplomate recognition to AAJ members. To gain ARP credits, submit a certificate of attendance for every seminar, college, and convention you attend.