The interactive, online home for sections, litigation groups, caucuses, member forums, and committees. List servers let you connect with your trial lawyer community right from your inbox, and the center builds on the power of that network. Search discussion archives and document libraries, list server notification settings, blogs, and more.Get Started
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Community Center?
AAJ is transitioning to a new and much improved community platform for list servers and document libraries in the Summer of 2020. This online Community Center serves as a single point to manage your AAJ list servers and connect with the other members of your groups.
The email addresses for AAJ's list servers changed during this transition. We apologize in advance for any confusion this causes.
Why the change?
What is an Allowlist?
An allowlist is a list of email addresses or domains from which you want to receive emails. By adding an address or domain to your allowlist, you are telling your email system not to filter email from that address or domain. This is the first and most critical step to take to ensure you receive your list server messages.
You will likely need to work with your IT department or vendor. Please ask them to add the domain connectedcommunity.org to your organization's "allowlist."
For additional help, contact email@example.com.
What was the beta test?
How do I set up an Outlook Rule to send messages to a folder?
- Open Outlook.
- Create a new folder for the message in Outlook (if you did not previously have folder).
- Right click on an email message from the list server.
- Click on 'Create New Rule.'
- Click on Advanced Settings.
- Check 'with Specific words in the sender's address.' Click on 'Specific words' and type 'Mail@ConnectedCommunity.org'. Click Add and click OK.
- Check on 'with specific words in the email heading.' Click on 'Specific words' and type the beginning of the subject line for the list server (e.g. medmal).
- Click Add and click Ok. Click Next.
- Check on 'specified' folder and select the folder where you want messages delivered. Click Finish.
A video tutorial is available in the FAQ section in the Community Center. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for detailed directions.
I need help. Who can I contact?
Email email@example.com for support. AAJ staff will respond as quickly as possible.
The Community Center also have a detailed FAQ pages and video tutorials for common tasks.