Join AAJ's team today.
We Are Hiring. Apply Today!
The American Association for Justice is the world’s largest trial bar and seeks to promote a fair and effective civil justice system—and to support the work of attorneys in their efforts to ensure that any person who is injured by the misconduct or negligence of others can obtain justice in America’s courtrooms, even when taking on the most powerful interests. Join the mission-driven, high energy team today!
AAJ offers competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Generous paid leave
- Health Coverage through CareFirst for employees and their dependants
- Dental and vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Life insurance and AD&D
- Long- and short-term disability coverage
- 401(k), including a 100% employer match up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- Parking and transit subsidies
- Tuition and fitness reimbursements
- Other company social events
The American Association for Justice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Join Our Team
The American Association for Justice (AAJ®), formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (ATLA®), is seeking to fill an entry level Development Assistant position. AAJ is the world’s largest trial bar and seeks to promote a fair and effective civil justice system—and to support the work of attorneys in their efforts to ensure that any person who is injured by the misconduct or negligence of others can obtain justice in America’s courtrooms, even when taking on the most powerful interests.
The Development Assistant will perform the following duties:
- Create invoices, process contributions and route contracts.
- Communicate with members regarding financial contributions and event registrations.
- Coordinate member retention and recruitment for special events.
- Create and maintain database records and departmental financial reports.
- Research prospects for fundraising.
- Curate and edit submissions for membership directory.
- Manage website content for the development department.
- Provide administrative support to the department as needed.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 or more years’ work experience in an administrative position, preferably for a nonprofit or professional association.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, professionalism, composure, and discretion
- Ability to provide high-level customer service, respond quickly to requests, anticipate members’ needs, and maintain a positive attitude.
- Must be detail-orientated, mission-focused and the ability to work in a team.
- Project management with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet specified timelines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications, especially Word and Excel. Prior database experience is preferred. Prior Netforum experience is strongly preferred.
- Prior financial experience beneficial.
- Some travel may be required.
Please email your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to HR@justice.org. EOE.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!
Accounts Receivable (AR) Assistant for American Association for Justice Political Action Committee (AAJ PAC)
The American Association for Justice (AAJ®), formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (ATLA®), is seeking an entry level Accounts Receivable (AR) Assistant for its Political Action Committee (PAC). The PAC Accounting Assistant processes cash receipts from contributions and is responsible for record keeping, reconciliation and maintenance of the donor database.
AAJ PAC is looking for an Accounts Receivable (AR) Assistant to:
- Process contributions and maintain reconciliations for a $5 million+ Political Action Committee (PAC).
- Daily maintenance of donor database for the AAJ PAC, its fifty state affiliates, and their respective PACs.
- Monthly Import of mass transactions for state affiliates with a larger number of donors.
- Produce and distribute monthly analytical income reports for state affiliates and AAJ PAC.
- Research and resolve contributor inquiries and adjustments by contacting contributors, financial institutions, state Trial Lawyer Associations, and state PACs.
- Assist Finance in preparation of monthly reconciliations between reported PAC revenue and monies received.
- Adhere to strict monthly processing deadlines.
- Monthly Declines-run decline report and sends declines to states. AAJ PAC declines send using magnet mail, and email.
- Vet contributions on a case by case basis. Contact individual PAC contributor regarding their status when filing with the IRS (corporation, partnership, S. Corp., etc.) sending additional partnership forms. In some cases, return check and ask for a contribution from their personal funds.
- Perform and complete other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- 1-2 years accounting experience (preferably in accounts receivable or with PAC administration).
- Experience with accounting software or Netforum database.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, particularly Excel. Experience with data manipulation and conducting analysis using Microsoft Excel.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills as the position requires frequent interaction with directors across AAJ and from state affiliates.
- Ability to work independently daily.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Some travel may be required.
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to HR@justice.org. EOE.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!