The Federal Tort Liability and Military Advocacy Section focuses on claims against the federal government under the Federal Tort Claims Act, the Military Claims Act, and other federal tort liability issues, as well as challenges to the Feres Doctrine.
Section members, visit AAJ's Community Center to connect with your colleagues, search discussion archives, download documents, read the latest blog posts, update your list server settings, and more. Section Member Login
- Chair: Tom Jacob | Whitehurst Harkness Brees Cheng Alsaffar Higginbotham & Jacob, PLLC, Austin, TX
- Chair-Elect: Andrew Paul Stevens | Corboy & Demetrio, P.C., Chicago, IL
- Vice Chair: Theodore William Barudin | Barudin Law Firm, PC, Albuquerque, NM
- Secretary: Laurie Higginbotham | Whitehurst Harkness Brees Cheng Alsaffar Higginbotham & Jacob, PLLC, Austin, TX
- Online Content Editor: Jamal Alsaffar | Whitehurst Harkness Brees Cheng Alsaffar Higginbotham & Jacob, PLLC, Austin, TX
- Immediate Past Chair: Koby Kirkland | Mejias Lindsay PLLC, Houston, TX
About AAJ's Sections
Sections connect you to groups of leading practitioners and provide you with cutting-edge strategies, proven trial techniques, numerous networking opportunities, and the tools necessary to successfully litigate your cases in order to achieve a full recovery of damages for your clients.
Who Can Join?
Section membership is open to all membership categories and Paralegal Affiliates. Certain benefits in membership categories other than Regular, Life, Sustaining, and President's Club may be restricted. In particular, access to the Section e-mail list servers are limited to Regular, Life, Sustaining, and President's Club Members, and sponsored Law Professors and Paralegal Affiliates. The online document libraries are limited to Regular, Life, Sustaining, and President's Club Members. List server participants and access to a Section's document library requires membership in that specific Section.