About the Program
AAJ mentors are required to meet with mentees every 4-6 weeks for the duration of a year. AAJ law student members are also invited to “shadow” a mentor at least three days throughout the year at the attorney’s office or in court.
Depending on your interests and on your mentor’s schedule, your mentor might also:
- speak at AAJ law student chapter meetings;
- speak at a career panel at your law school;
- coach a law school team for AAJ’s Mock Trial Competition;
- invite you to attend depositions, courtroom hearings and similar events;
- critique your resume;
- participate in a mock employment interview with you;
- assisting you with networking for clerkships or other employment positions;
- talking to you about areas of practice and givegeneral career planning advice;
- povide job networking suggestions if you are relocating to another city; and/or
- participate in the law student/mentor reception held at each AAJ Convention.
Benefit from the expertise of an experienced trial attoney! Complete the mentor request form to be paired with an AAJ mentor. You must be an AAJ law student member to participate in the mentoring program. To join AAJ as a law student member, sign up here.