Invest in Your Future as a Trial Lawyer
Would you rather research law in an office or live it in a courtroom?
The impact of courtroom decisions can last a lifetime. In the courtroom, legal precedents are set, lives are dramatically altered, and, sometimes, history is made.
If you're considering trial law, congratulations! For a lawyer, there is no higher professional calling than to stand at the bar of justice and fight for the rights of individuals. And, while many new attorneys only have the opportunity to do research for others, trial lawyers typically take their own cases into the courtroom in their first year of practice.
The art of advocacy demands your total involvement and dedication, and the American Association for Justice (AAJ) will help you develop the skills, knowledge, and professional contacts needed to build a successful practice. AAJ is one of the world's largest trial bars.
AAJ Law Student Membership Benefits and Programs
- You'll get career-enhancing information with the digital Trial magazine.
- You'll have the opportunity to participate in AAJ's annual Student Trial Advocacy Competition, the nation's premier mock trial competition, held in actual courtrooms and before sitting judges and practicing trial lawyers.
- You'll network with top trial lawyers at AAJ's Annual and Winter Conventions and gain valuable knowledge from five days of information-packed workshops and CLE-approved education sessions on every aspect of trial law.
- You can attend any National College of Advocacy continuing legal education open seminar for free. Reference materials will cost you only $75. Nonmembers pay up to $675 for seminars and reference materials.
- You'll be eligible to apply for scholarships sponsored by AAJ and its members.
- You'll practice law at the speed of light with AAJ's Law Student Information Web Page. At no charge, you can participate in list servers and follow links to the best legal sites on the Internet. You'll also find information on AAJ scholarships, education programs, and AAJ products.
A Network of Your Own
AAJ Student Chapters are your best resource for networking and information gathering. They're an ideal way to meet and share ideas with other law students and experienced lawyers.
Chapter programs concentrate on areas of law that most interest your group. AAJ works closely with the chapters, providing lecturers and program ideas.
Make a Wise Investment in Your Success Today
Investing $15 a year in an AAJ Law Student Membership is a smart idea. When you begin your practice, AAJ will give you a strong and supportive network—plus increased benefits and services—to assist you throughout your career.