Evidentiary Issues with Class Certification
• A Full Daubert Analysis at the Class Certification Stage? Overcoming the Defense’s Junk Science Argument in the Wake of Zurn Pex, Inc. v. Cox
• Defining the Class: Includes discussion of Comcast v. Behrend and Ticketmaster v. Stearns
Common Conduct vs. Common Claims: The Class Certification Analysis in Sullivan v. D.B. Investments (DeBeers) and Quinn v. Sullivan
• Case background and procedural history
• Examining the interplay of the Rule 23(b)(3) predominance requirement and settlement recoverability
How to Apply the Supreme Court Decisions to Your Practice
• How the outcomes will shape class action litigation
• The big picture: Where is the Supreme Court going with class actions, and how can you work with its decisions?
• Discussion will touch on Wal-Mart v. Dukes, AT&T v. Concepcion
The Federal Civil Rules Advisory Committee and Amendments to Rule 23
AAJ Legislative Update
Question and Answer Session
Earn approximately 1.4* CLE and NCA credits to be applied to your participation in the NCA's Achievement Recognition Program. For more general CLE information consult the FAQs or CLE coordinator at 800.622.1791, ext. 8612.
Professional Recognition Programs
Click here to learn more about AAJ's Professional Recognition Programs, Achievement Recognition Program (ARP) and Advanced Studies in Trial Advocacy (ASTA), or call 800.622.1791 or 202.965.3500, ext. 8612.
The Achievement Recognition Program (ARP) provides Advocate, Fellow, and Diplomate recognition to AAJ members. To gain ARP credits, submit a certificate of attendance for every seminar, college, and convention you attend.