1. I'd like to join the Women's Caucus. How do I enroll?
Any female lawyer who is a member in good standing of AAJ is automatically a member of the Women’s Caucus. If you marked female on your AAJ application, you were automatically enrolled in the Women's Caucus. To check on your enrollment status, please contact Jennifer Rafter, Caucus Group Manager, at Jennifer.Rafter@justice.org or (202) 684-9585.
2. How do I join the Women's List Server?
There are 2 ways to join the Women's List Server:
- Email email@example.com and request to be added to the Women’s List Server today.
Have questions or need help? Contact the AAJ List Manager at 877.799.3804 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. I'm interested in serving on a Committee. How can I learn more?
Please contact Committee Chairs directly to learn more.
4. What are the best ways to stay up to date on Women's Caucus activities?
- Read the latest issue of the Women's Caucus Newsletter.
- Join the Women's List Server.
- Look out for emails from AAJ Women's Caucus and your Chair, Lori Andrus.
5. How do I RSVP for the Women's Summit in Baltimore and other events?
You can RSVP to any events simply by emailing Leah Mackie, AAJ's Staff Liaison to the Women's Caucus, at email@example.com.
6. I'm interested in enrolling in the Mentorship Program as a mentor/mentee. How do I get started?
Please contact the Mentorship Program Co-Chairs directly. Let them know if you are interested in the joining the program as a mentor or mentee.
- Co-Chair: Erin Dickinson, Hansen Riederer Dickinson Crueger LLC, Milwaukee, WI, Office: 414-273-8475, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Co-Chair: Ingrid Heide, Trolman Glaser & Lichtman, New York, NY, Office: 212.750.1200, email@example.com
- Co-Chair: Katie Hubbard, Goldenberg Hellr Antognoli & Rowland, PC, Edwardsville, IL, Office: 618.656.5150, firstname.lastname@example.org
7. What perentage of AAJ attorney members are women?
As of September 2013, 15.9% of AAJ attorney members were women.
8. What are the Women's Caucus and AAJ doing to increase the number of women members?
The Women's Caucus plays a vital role in AAJ's efforts to increase women membership. This spring, the Women's Caucus will host Tables of 8, in which women AAJ members host small networking events for women in their hometowns to encourage nonmembers to join AAJ. If you are interested in hosting a Table of 8, please contact the Table of 8 Co-Chairs directly to let them know you are interested.
- Co-Chair: Julie Ferraro, Kreindler & Kreindler LLP, Boston, MA, Office: 617.933.593, email@example.com
- Co-Chair: Kelly Armstrong, The Armstrong Law Firm, San Francisco, CA, Office: 415.928.1293, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Co-Chair: Trudy Fenster, Lee J. Rohn & Associates, Christiansted, VI, Office: 340.778.8855, email@example.com