Join AAJ's team today.
We Are Hiring. Apply Today!
The American Association for Justice is the world’s largest trial bar and seeks to promote a fair and effective civil justice system—and to support the work of attorneys in their efforts to ensure that any person who is injured by the misconduct or negligence of others can obtain justice in America’s courtrooms, even when taking on the most powerful interests. Join the mission-driven, high energy team today!
AAJ offers competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Generous paid leave
- Health Coverage through CareFirst for employees and their dependants
- Dental and vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Life insurance and AD&D
- Long- and short-term disability coverage
- 401(k), including a 100% employer match up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- Parking and transit subsidies
- Tuition and fitness reimbursements
- Other company social events
The American Association for Justice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Join Our Team
The American Association for Justice (AAJ®), formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (ATLA®), is seeking to fill an entry level Development Assistant position. AAJ is the world’s largest trial bar and seeks to promote a fair and effective civil justice system—and to support the work of attorneys in their efforts to ensure that any person who is injured by the misconduct or negligence of others can obtain justice in America’s courtrooms, even when taking on the most powerful interests.
The Development Assistant will perform the following duties:
- Create invoices, process contributions and route contracts.
- Communicate with members regarding financial contributions and event registrations.
- Coordinate member retention and recruitment for special events.
- Create and maintain database records and departmental financial reports.
- Research prospects for fundraising.
- Curate and edit submissions for membership directory.
- Manage website content for the development department.
- Provide administrative support to the department as needed.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 or more years’ work experience in an administrative position, preferably for a nonprofit or professional association.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, professionalism, composure, and discretion
- Ability to provide high-level customer service, respond quickly to requests, anticipate members’ needs, and maintain a positive attitude.
- Must be detail-orientated, mission-focused and the ability to work in a team.
- Project management with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet specified timelines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications, especially Word and Excel. Prior database experience is preferred. Prior Netforum experience is strongly preferred.
- Prior financial experience beneficial.
- Some travel may be required.
Please email your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to HR@justice.org. EOE.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!