AAJ Evergreen Fund
Give to the trial lawyer community to build a strong civil justice system and support the right to trial by jury.Contribute Today
3 Simple Steps
1) Identify a case.
2) Make a pledge.
3) When you successfully resolve the case, complete your pledge.
Evergreen Fund contributors receive:
- Recognition by the President and CEO during prestigious AAJ events/meetings
- Personal invitation to the Evergreen Fund Reception at convention
- Distinguished lapel pin
- Recognition at convention and board meetings
- Highly visible convention displays
- Recognition in Trial magazine
- Recognition on the AAJ Evergreen web page
Because AAJ is incorporated as a not-for-profit 501(c)(6) organization, dues and contributions paid to the American Association for Justice (AAJ) are not deductible as charitable contributions for income tax purposes.
However, they may be deductible as ordinary and necessary business expenses subject to restrictions imposed as a result of AAJ’s Lobbying activities. In 2020, AAJ estimates that the portion of dues, fees, and other similar amounts that it expects to receive are allocable to AAJ’s lobbying expenditures is 34%. Accordingly, 66% of fees, dues, and contributions to AAJ may be deducted as ordinary and necessary business expenses. Members should consult their tax advisor to confirm their deductions.