Leaders Forum Retreat Event Policy
Event Terms & Conditions
If for unforeseen reasons the AAJ Leaders Forum Retreat is cancelled or changed, the American Association for Justice, formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (ATLA®), cannot be held financially responsible for airline tickets, rental cars or other associated fees, and room rates cannot be guaranteed.
By registering for the AAJ Leaders Forum Retreat, I and my guest agree to receive email correspondence from AAJ regarding the retreat. I and my guests also agree to have our image photographed or included in video and published in AAJ’s membership publications, on social media and on the AAJ website. We also agree to be listed as attending the retreat on public listings.
AAJ reserves the right to, in its sole discretion, refuse entrance to the event and/or remove any individual from the event whose behavior is disruptive and/or is not consistent with the character and purpose of the show.
CONFIDENTIALITY AGREEMENT: As an attendee at this retreat, I understand that I may have access to confidential, privileged, or proprietary information, including information concerning AAJ’s legislative and/or regulatory advocacy. I agree not to disclose or disseminate such information without the written permission of AAJ, except to persons I know to be plaintiff attorney members of AAJ or members of an AAJ-affiliated trial lawyer organization. I agree that I will not record, by audio, visual, or other means, any portion of any meeting or event during the convention without the permission of AAJ.I further understand that if I knowingly and purposely violate this Agreement, my membership status in the Association will be reviewed and may be revoked; and I may be subjected to disciplinary charges, including, but not limited to, charges brought before state licensing boards. Upon request, I will provide my state bar identification number(s).
You further agree and acknowledge that:
- You understand the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that you may be exposed or infected with COVID-19 by attending such event;
- Such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death;
- The risk of such exposure or infection by attending such event may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of yourself and others, including, but not limited to other attendees; and
- You voluntarily agree to assume all the risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that you may experience or incur in connection with attending such event.
- Certification of vaccination or of a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of arrival may be required.