Product and Services Assistant
Product and Services Assistant
The American Association for Justice (AAJ®) is seeking a Product and Services Assistant for its Exchange department. AAJ seeks to promote a fair and effective civil justice system—and to support the work of attorneys in their efforts to ensure that any person who is injured by the misconduct or negligence of others can obtain justice in America’s courtrooms, even when taking on the most powerful interests.
The Product and Services Assistant is the front face for legal research products available to AAJ members. This position provides customer service support to members searching the association’s online databases, processes and fulfills Exchange orders, uploads materials to the AAJ Exchange databases and document libraries, and assists the department with general administrative duties.
• Provide customer service support to association members via the Exchange department’s phone line and e-mail; troubleshoot for members using the website; and route member inquires to appropriate AAJ staff/departments.
• Process and fill AAJ Exchange product orders including entering the orders into the Association Management System (AMS) product database, processing payments, and preparing shipments.
• Maintain and support Exchange court document and deposition databases and document libraries via document scanning, categorizing, and uploading; update the Litigation packet online listings and table of contents file, and input Litigation packet records in AMS product database.
• Contact members for documents, follow-up with member requests seeking expert information and/or reports.
• Track potential expert witnesses for database and provide sales support to experts interested in being included in the database.
• Assist staff attorneys in the assembly and preparation of legal reference materials.
• Provide support for content development, product development, and database maintenance.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in any field from an accredited college or university preferred. Paralegal certificate or experience working in the legal field strongly preferred.
• Experience working in an office setting required; experience in a customer service role preferred.
• Excellent critical thinking/problem solving skills and strong customer service skills.
• Excellent organizational, verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to problem solve, work independently, and develop tactics for addressing issues or requests.
• Proficient in Microsoft Suite products (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat. Previous database software experience required; experience and familiarity with NetForum a plus.
• Strong attention to detail required. Previous demonstrated ability to work independently, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
• Interest in supporting access to the civil justice system required.
AAJ offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits. Plus, we’re across from the Capital
One Arena, a block from the Shakespeare Theatre Company, near museums, food trucks,
cool shops on F street, independent coffee shops, a movie theater, and bowling alley.
Please email cover letter, salary requirements and resume to: email@example.com. EOE. No phone calls please.