Student Trial Advocacy Competition (STAC)
AAJ’s Student Trial Advocacy Competition is an annual nationwide law student mock trial competition.
2024 Competition Update
The 2024 competition will be a hybrid model.
The Regional Tournaments will be held virtually March 7-10, 2024.
The National Finals will be held in person April 4-7, 2024, in Chicago, IL.
2023 STAC Champions
Congratulations to the 2023 STAC Champions, Sydney Gaskins, Edouard Goguillon, Sophia Cherif, and Alex Greer. UCLA Law won the Southwest Regional and went on to defeat Cumberland School of Law Samford University in the National Finals, held in New Orleans March 30-April 2. Sydney Gaskins was awarded “Best Advocate” in the National Finals. Thank you to all the students, coaches, judges, and volunteers who made 2023 STAC a success.Review the Upcoming 2024 Competition Details
committed volunteers and LAW STUDENT COMPETITORS make STAC a success year after year
- 2023 – University of California, Los Angeles School of Law
- 2022 – University of California, Los Angeles School of Law
- 2021 – University of California, Los Angeles School of Law
- 2020 – Canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic
- 2019 – Campbell University, Norman A. Wiggins School of Law
- 2018 – University of California College of the Law, San Francisco (formerly University of California, Hastings)
- 2017 – Wake Forest University Law School
- 2016 – Drexel University Thomas R. Kline School of Law
- 2015 – Stetson University College of Law
- 2014 – University of Akron School of Law
- 2013 – University of Notre Dame Law School
- 2012 – Cumberland School of Law Samford University
- 2011 – Duquesne University School of Law
- 2010 – University of Wisconsin-Madison Law School
- 2009 – Stetson University College of Law
AAJ has four scholarships available for qualified law students: Richard D. Hailey Scholarship ($5,000), Trial Advocacy Scholarship ($3,000), Leesfield/AAJ Scholarship ($2,500), and Mike Eidson Scholarship ($5,000). Scholarship applications are now open.EXPLORE SCHOLARSHIPS HERE
AAJ Law School Chapters provide students with resources and opportunities to network and engage with AAJ members. Chapters invite local trial lawyers to speak about their practice areas, practical skills, and cases they have litigated. Students can network with member firms and participate in mentoring programs.Contact Us