Network and discuss legal cases and strategies on the Group’s plaintiff-only list server and at regular meetings, including AAJ Conventions. The Qui Tam Litigation Group Document Library will provide members a resource where they can search for court documents, briefs, depositions, and more.Join the Litigation Group
Qui Tam litigation is a dynamic and burgeoning field. With the passage of TARP, the updating of the IRS whistleblower laws, and several high-profile settlements by the Department of Justice, more and more whistleblowers are coming forward to file cases. Increasingly, counsel with little experience in litigating these cases are taking them. It is important that individuals who take these cases understand their procedural complexities and pitfalls. A case can be dismissed for failure to properly serve the disclosure statements or file under seal. The seal can also create difficulties, especially when counsel is litigating a wrongful termination case as well. Because the law is developing rather quickly, there is an opportunity to have lively discussions and presentations for individuals interested in this field. Group members will network and discuss legal cases and strategies on the Group’s plaintiff-only list server and at regular meetings, including AAJ Conventions. The Qui Tam Litigation Group Document Library will provide members a resource where they can search for court documents, briefs, depositions, and more.
- Membership: Open to Regular, Life, Sustaining, Leaders Forum, and President's Club AAJ members.
- Meetings: This group meets at AAJ Annual and Winter conventions.
- Dues: $100/attorney
- Cochair: Audrey Schechter | Law Offices of Audrey Hildes Schechter, PA, Largo, FL
- Cochair: Richard Neuworth | LeBau & Neuworth, Towson, MD
- Vice-Chair: Andrea Fischer | Fischer Legal Group, New York, NY
- Vice-Chair: Jason Brown | Brown LLC, New York, NY
- Treasurer: Jonathan Tycko | Tycko & Zavareei, LLP, Washington, DC
- Treasurer: Nick Verderame | Plattner Verderame, PC, Phoenix, AZ
- Secretary: Jill Estes | Morgan Verkamp, LLC, Tampa, FL
- Secretary: Noah Rich | Baron & Budd, PC, Washington, DC
Litigation Group members, visit AAJ's Community Center to connect with your colleagues on the list server, search discussion archives, download documents, update your list server settings, and more. Lit Group Member Login