The Environmental and Toxic Torts focuses on all areas of environmental torts and assists members litigating cases involving exposure to dangerous chemicals, toxic emissions, and hazardous waste. Addresses asbestos, herbicides and pesticides, PFAS and other “forever chemicals,” climate change litigation, environmental pollution, hazardous waste and exposure, environmental racism, and other dangerous chemicals.
- Chair: Rhon E. Jones | Beasley, Allen, Crow, Methvin, Portis & Miles, PC, Montgomery, AL
- Chair-Elect: Gale D. Pearson | Fears Nachawati Law Firm, Dallas, TX
- Vice Chair: James Bilsborrow | Weitz & Luxenberg, PC, New York, NY
- Membership Liaison: Brian LaCien | Smith LaCien LLP, Chicago, IL
- Secretary: Stephanie Biehl | Sher Edling, LLP, San Francisco, CA
- Content Curator: Patrick Andrews | Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein, LLP, New York, NY
- Immediate Past Chair: Kevin S. Hannon | The Hannon Law Firm, Denver, CO
The Environmental and Toxic Torts Section formed in 2022. Learn more about the Section's history here.
Section members, visit AAJ's Community Center to connect with your colleagues, search discussion archives, download documents, read the latest blog posts, update your list server settings, and more. Section Member Login
About AAJ's Sections
Sections connect you to groups of leading practitioners and provide you with cutting-edge strategies, proven trial techniques, numerous networking opportunities, and the tools necessary to successfully litigate your cases in order to achieve a full recovery of damages for your clients.
Who Can Join?
Section membership is open to all membership categories and Paralegal Affiliates. Certain benefits in membership categories other than Regular, Life, Sustaining, and President's Club may be restricted. In particular, access to the Section e-mail list servers are limited to Regular, Life, Sustaining, and President's Club Members, and sponsored Law Professors and Paralegal Affiliates. The online document libraries are limited to Regular, Life, Sustaining, and President's Club Members. List server participants and access to a Section's document library requires membership in that specific Section.