The Railroad Law Section promotes the safety of the public and railroad employees through crossing accident and FELA litigation, as well as regulatory and legislative advocacy. The Section covers employee injuries and occupational illnesses, derailments, collisions, and crossing accidents.
The Railroad Law Section is endowed by Alfred K. Nippert Jr., Nippert & Nippert.
Section members, visit AAJ's Community Center to connect with your colleagues, search discussion archives, download documents, read the latest blog posts, update your list server settings, and more. Section Member Login
- Chair: Nicholas Thompson | The Moody Law Firm, Inc., Portsmouth, VA
- Vice Chair: Nathan Lee Karlin | Pottroff & Karlin, LLC, Manhattan, KS
- Treasurer: Florence J. Murray | Murray & Murray Co., LPA, Sandusky, OH
- Secretary: Tim Gaarder | Davis Bethune & Jones, Kansas City, MO
- Newsletter Editor: Jasper Vaughndale Abbott | Warshauer Law Group, PC, Atlanta, GA
- Immediate Past Chair: Caroline Ramsey Taylor | Whitfield Bryson & Mason, LLP, Nashville, TN
About AAJ's Sections
The American Association for Justice, formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (ATLA®), has 18 Sections that connect you to groups of leading practitioners and provide you with cutting-edge strategies, proven trial techniques, numerous networking opportunities, and the tools necessary to successfully litigate your cases in order to achieve a full recovery of damages for your clients.
Who Can Join?
Section membership is open to all membership categories and Paralegal Affiliates. Certain benefits in membership categories other than Regular, Life, Sustaining, and President's Club may be restricted. In particular, access to the Section e-mail list servers are limited to Regular, Life, Sustaining, and President's Club Members, and sponsored Law Professors and Paralegal Affiliates. The online document libraries are limited to Regular, Life, Sustaining, and President's Club Members. List server participants and access to a Section's document library requires membership in that specific Section.