The Social Security Disability Law Section focuses on disability insurance benefits, Supplemental Security Income, Medicare and Medicaid, and supporting legislation, regulations, and agency policies designed to protect claimants’ rights to disability compensation.
Section members, visit AAJ's Community Center to connect with your colleagues, search discussion archives, download documents, read the latest blog posts, update your list server settings, and more. Section Member Login
- Chair: Joanna L. Suyes | Marks & Harrison, PC, Richmond, VA
- Chair-Elect: Elizabeth Seemann | LaBovick Law Group, Palm Beach Gardens, FL
- Vice Chair: Kajal Ariana Alemo | Pond Lehocky Stern Giordano, Philadelphia, PA
- Secretary: John Anthony Vessel | Marc Whitehead & Associates LLP, Houston, TX
- Immediate Past Chair: Donna Simpson | Law Office of Donna Simpson, Cookeville, TN
About AAJ's Sections
Sections connect you to groups of leading practitioners and provide you with cutting-edge strategies, proven trial techniques, numerous networking opportunities, and the tools necessary to successfully litigate your cases in order to achieve a full recovery of damages for your clients.
Who Can Join?
Section membership is open to all membership categories and Paralegal Affiliates. Certain benefits in membership categories other than Regular, Life, Sustaining, and President's Club may be restricted. In particular, access to the Section e-mail list servers are limited to Regular, Life, Sustaining, and President's Club Members, and sponsored Law Professors and Paralegal Affiliates. The online document libraries are limited to Regular, Life, Sustaining, and President's Club Members. List server participants and access to a Section's document library requires membership in that specific Section.