The Sole Practitioner and Small Firm Section focuses on issues affecting practitioners in small firms, including how to best market your practice, increase referrals, and gain visibility. The Section also addresses staffing issues, employee benefits, and law firm management.
Section members, visit AAJ's Community Center to connect with your colleagues, search discussion archives, download documents, read the latest blog posts, update your list server settings, and more. Section Member Login
- Chair: Laura J. McKinnon | McKinnon Law Firm, Fayetteville, AR
- Chair-Elect: John A. Stefani | Levinson & Stefani Injury Lawyers, Chicago, IL
- Vice Chair: Roger W. Orlando | The Orlando Firm, P.C., Decatur, GA
- Secretary: Andrea Fischer | Fischer Legal Group, New York, NY
- Treasurer: Cade Parian | The Parian Law Firm, LLC, Atlanta, GA
- Online Content Editor: Christopher T. Nace | Paulson & Nace, PLLC, Washington, DC
- Immediate Past Chair: R. Christopher Gilreath | Gilreath & Associates PLLC, Memphis, TN
About AAJ's Sections
The American Association for Justice, formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (ATLA®), has 18 Sections that connect you to groups of leading practitioners and provide you with cutting-edge strategies, proven trial techniques, numerous networking opportunities, and the tools necessary to successfully litigate your cases in order to achieve a full recovery of damages for your clients.
Who Can Join?
Section membership is open to all membership categories and Paralegal Affiliates. Certain benefits in membership categories other than Regular, Life, Sustaining, and President's Club may be restricted. In particular, access to the Section e-mail list servers are limited to Regular, Life, Sustaining, and President's Club Members, and sponsored Law Professors and Paralegal Affiliates. The online document libraries are limited to Regular, Life, Sustaining, and President's Club Members. List server participants and access to a Section's document library requires membership in that specific Section.