The Technology and Science Section works to promote emerging issues in technology and science, including artificial intelligence (AI), biotechnology, digital technology, cybercrime and data breach, privacy, intellectual property, and e-discovery, and supports trial lawyers as they use digital technology to effectively represent clients in a connected world.
The Technology and Science Section was formally approved at the 2021 AAJ Annual Convention in Las Vegas. To get involved with the group or learn more, contact email@example.com.
- Chair: Julian C. Gomez | The Julian C. Gomez Law Firm PLLC, McAllen, TX
- Chair-Elect: Mark Zamora | The Orlando Firm PC, St. Petersburg, FL
- Vice Chair: Margaret Mabie | Marsh Law Firm PLLC, New York, NY
- Membership Liaison: Jennifer Mae Hoekstra | Aylstock Witkin Kreis & Overholtz PLLC, Pensacola, FL
- Secretary: Altom M. Maglio | Maglio Christopher & Toale PA, Sarasota, FL
- Online Content Editor: Amber Pang Parra | Justinian & Associates PLLC, San Antonio, TX
- Immediate Past Chair: Donald H. Slavik | Slavik Law Firm LLC, Steamboat Springs, CO
About AAJ's Sections
Sections connect you to groups of leading practitioners and provide you with cutting-edge strategies, proven trial techniques, numerous networking opportunities, and the tools necessary to successfully litigate your cases in order to achieve a full recovery of damages for your clients.
Who Can Join?
Section membership is open to all membership categories and Paralegal Affiliates. Certain benefits in membership categories other than Regular, Life, Sustaining, and President's Club may be restricted. In particular, access to the Section e-mail list servers are limited to Regular, Life, Sustaining, and President's Club Members, and sponsored Law Professors and Paralegal Affiliates. The online document libraries are limited to Regular, Life, Sustaining, and President's Club Members. List server participants and access to a Section's document library requires membership in that specific Section.