Position Title: Senior Accountant
Reports to: Controller
Summary: The Senior Accountant is primarily responsible for the monthly bank reconciliation, monitoring cash flow, and reconciling various balance sheet asset accounts.
• Prepares various AAJ &PAC Bank Reconciliations, researches, resolves any differences and enters appropriate journal entries.
• Prepares daily cash report and monthly cash flow statement
• Works closely with AR Manager to reconcile cash receipts.
• Reconciles web batches.
• Posts & exports batches from Association Management System (Netforum) to Great Plains.
• Prepares Monthly Dues installment payments.
• Closes Accounts Receivable batches prepared by other staff as needed.
• Backup to other Senior Accountant and the AR Manager.
• Reconciles balance sheet accounts, including fixed assets and prepaid expenses.
• Performs ad-hoc projects as needed.
• Remains proactive in identifying business solutions that will improve or streamline processes and create opportunities for enhanced customer service.
• Bachelor degree or higher
• 3-5 years accounting experience
• Experience with Great Plains or similar accounting software
• Experience with data manipulation and conducting analysis using Microsoft Excel
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills as the position requires ongoing collaboration with finance team.
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications, particularly Excel
• Ability to work independently on a daily basis
AAJ offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits. Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org; fax to 202-333-2861; or mail to AAJ HR Dept., 777 6th St. NW, Suite 200, Washington, DC 20001. EOE.