Posting Guidelines for Justice.org List Servers
AAJ regards the following material as inappropriate and expects that its members will not post such material when using the Justice.org list servers:
- Obscene, offensive, inflammatory, libelous, derogatory or any other ad hominem messages
- Copyright violations (anything that appears to be lifted in whole or large part from other sources)
- Commercial messages—use of this service for commercial purposes is not allowed, except to promote AAJ products and services for AAJ members. Messages posted from any source other than AAJ that require the respondent to pay money to the sender, sender's principal, or sender's agent to retrieve the information or service are specifically prohibited, unless prior approval is given by AAJ. Solicitation of clients through the AAJ List Servers is strictly prohibited.
- Please avoid posting messages to the entire list server that contain:
- Off-topic messages (requests for AAJ staff service, assistance or information; postings unrelated to the subject matter of the list; or postings that clearly relate to the subject of a different, more specific Justice.org list)
- Private replies (messages similar to "I've done this" or "Contact me" should be sent to the original author, not the list)
- Unsubscribe instructions (leaving these in your reply adds substantially to the "noise" content of the message)
- Unnecessary headers or footers (excessive headers and other unnecessary content from e-mail handling systems also add garbage content to the message)
- Lack of substance (do not post simple messages such as "yes", "no", "I agree," or "I disagree" without substantive elaboration)
- Excessive quoting (when replying to a message, remove all of its original content aside from the section to which you are replying)
- Content about Justice.org or the operation of the lists (messages discussing how Justice.org or the lists are or should be run or used should be directed to email@example.com, an open, unmoderated list which anyone can visit)
- Duplicate posts
Following the guidelines above will help ensure that your message is inoffensive, easy to read, and sent to the appropriate audience. Thank you for your cooperation.