Advanced Case Framing
Mark Mandell’s Case FramingTM, released in 2015, quickly earned widespread acclaim as a classic and essential book for trial attorneys. Now, in Advanced Case FramingTM, Mark refines his Case Framing model and offers new ideas on Case Frames, I-Just-Can’t-Get-Over Issues, and Echoes. Providing real examples and a case study to reinforce the principles of the model, Mark shows readers in a step-by-step format how to focus jurors’ attention on the true issues. Advanced Case Framing is a tool that all plaintiff lawyers should use to prepare and try a case from beginning to end so they can achieve better results for their clients.
This book is only available for purchase by plaintiff attorneys or their staff. You do not need to be an AAJ member to purchase this book. Nonmembers will need to create an account with shipping and contact information to purchase.
This book is not just a sequel to Mark’s innovative and brilliant first book, Case Framing. It’s a lot more than that. Mark takes his Case Framing concept to a whole new level of persuasion with careful explanations and copious examples, including a case study of what has to be one of the most difficult personal injury trials ever won by anyone, anywhere.
Table of Contents
Part I: The Case Framing Model
- Chapter 1—About Case Framing
- Chapter 2—Case Framing—An Integrated Approach
- Chapter 3—Case Frames
- Chapter 4—I-Just-Can’t-Get-Over Issues
- Chapter 5—Echoes
- Chapter 6—Echoes II
- Chapter 7—How to Reframe and Overcome the Defense Proof
- Chapter 8—Case Framing and Voir Dire
Part II: Brown v. Ocean State Casino
- Chapter 9—The Facts of the Case
Part III: Brown v. Ocean State Casino—Obstacles to Overcome
- Chapter 10—Bad I-Just-Can’t-Get-Over Issues and the Defense Narrative
Part IV: Brown v. Ocean State Casino—Presenting Our Case Proof
- Chapter 11—Good I-Just-Can’t-Get-Over Issues
- Chapter 12—Case Frames
- Chapter 13—The Plaintiffs’ Case Narrative
- Chapter 14— Creating Echoes
Part V: Brown v. Ocean State Casino—Overcoming and Reframing the Defense Proof
- Chapter 15—Focus Groups
- Chapter 16—Motions in Limine
- Chapter 17—Other Pretrial Motions
- Chapter 18—Waiving Claims
- Chapter 19—Voir Dire
- Chapter 20—Motions During Trial
- Chapter 21—Objections During Trial
- Chapter 22—Inoculations
- Chapter 23—Cross-Examination
- Chapter 24—Judicial Notice and Jury Instructions
- Chapter 25—Jury Empowerment and Education
- Chapter 26—What Was Left of the Defense at the End of Closing Arguments?
Part VI: Brown v. Ocean State Casino—The Result
- Chapter 27—Settlement Negotiations During Trial
- Chapter 28—The Verdict
Part VII: On Being a Trial Lawyer
- Chapter 29—On Being a Trial Lawyer
Advanced Case Framing is the culmination of a lifetime of brilliant work in the courtroom by master trial lawyer, Mark Mandell. He has honed the art of the trial and provided a wonderful guide to be used over and over by lawyers at every stage of the case. Trial lawyers will be well-served to adapt anew Mark’s Case Framing principles provided in this book as they approach every case.
AAJ delivers exceptional education, unparalleled advocacy, and a dedicated community of trial lawyers fighting for justice. Join Today!