Handling Drowning Cases: From Filing to Trial
The AAJ Exchange developed the Handling Drowning Cases: From Filing to Trial Litigation Packet to provide essential tools and strategies for plaintiff attorney members litigating fatal and nonfatal drowning cases. This valuable resource guides members at each stage of drowning litigation through sample pleadings, motions, discovery requests, depositions, and trial testimony. This Litigation Packet also includes AAJ Education speaker papers and TRIAL® articles, as well as AAJ member attorney presentations and CDC guidance on aquatic safety; proving damages; deposing property owners, pool builders, lifeguards, aquatic experts, and more; and tips for a successful settlement. This Litigation Packet:
- Features case materials from drowning cases litigated by AAJ member attorneys arising out of incidents that occurred at residential and commercial pools, as well as public waterways.
- Includes deposition and trial transcripts, and numerous sample motions from summary judgment to settlement approval.
- Contains AAJ Education speaker papers and TRIAL® articles, research reports, and attorney presentations addressing all aspects of drowning cases, including
- Guidelines for aquatic safety;
- Maximizing damages in personal injury cases;
- Questioning witnesses in depositions and on cross-examination; as well as
- Proven trial tactics and settlement strategies.