Sexual Assault: Civil Remedies for Survivors
Provides an overview of the legal remedies available to hold perpetrators and third parties accountable for sexual assault available under state and federal law, including a comprehensive survey of state statutes of limitation for bringing sexual assault and child sex abuse actions and new information regarding the new federal prohibition against forced arbitration in sexual assault and sex harassment cases.
- Features case materials from a variety of cases litigated by AAJ plaintiff attorneys involving sexual assault, human trafficking, and child sex abuse.
- Includes sample pleadings, discovery requests and interrogatories, protective orders, motions to proceed under pseudonym, and responses in opposition to defense motions to dismiss.
- Contains AAJ Education speaker papers, Trial articles, and research reports addressing all aspects of developing and presenting your client’s sexual assault case, including
- Crafting effective pleadings, motions, discovery requests;
- Preparing clients and witnesses with compassion and trauma-informed techniques;
- Overcoming common defense strategies; and
- Pre-litigation issues, including the effects of social media, access to relevant police reports and medical records, and assessing potentially liable third parties.