SPEAK AT AN AAJ EDUCATION PROGRAM
AAJ members and experts are invited to submit programming ideas for AAJ Education’s continuing legal education (CLE) programs. Speakers should be:
- Lawyers in good standing with AAJ. Non-lawyer speakers will also be considered.
- Willing and able to share legal knowledge and experience with colleagues.
- Prepared to submit a written paper to supplement their presentation. (If selected, AAJ Education staff will provide paper guidelines.)
While all applications are accepted and considered on a rolling basis, if you are interested in a specific convention, please adhere to the timeline below:
- To be considered for a speaking engagement at AAJ’s Annual Convention in Boston taking place on July 22-25, 2017, please submit a General CLE Speaker Application by September 9, 2016. After this date, speaker application proposals will be passed along to all applicable AAJ member education planners for their consideration as they put together their CLE programs. All programs—themes, topics, and speakers—must then be approved by the National College of Advocacy (NCA) Board of Trustees.
- Planning for Convention Education Programs for AAJ’s Annual Convention in Los Angeles, July 22-25, 2016 is already underway, and Section, Litigation Group, Caucus, and Committee education planners have already been notified of applicable proposals. All applicants, however, will be considered for replacement slots as cancellations and agenda changes occur.
- To be considered for a Litigation at Sunrise program during the 2016 Annual Convention, please submit your application by March 14, 2016.
- To be considered for a Litigation at Sunrise program during AAJ’s Winter Convention in Austin, Texas taking place on February 11-14, 2017, please submit your application by September 9, 2016.
- Litigation at Sunrise topics for AAJ's Winter Convention in Boca Raton, Florida, taking place on February 27-March 2, 2016 have already been selected. All applicants, however, will be considered for replacement slots as cancelations and agenda changes occur.
- Please note: AAJ does not accept General CLE Speaker Applications for Winter Conventions. The NCA Board, however, does review and consider applications on file for Winter Convention programming.
Submit your general application to speak on a wide range of CLE programs taking place during our Annual Convention. Speakers should be prepared to present on an area of their expertise for thirty minutes to an hour.
Apply to speak on our Litigation at Sunrise education programs during AAJ’s Annual and Winter Conventions. Speakers are expected to present on hot, emerging topics and practice areas. The focus of these ten-minute presentations should be tips and information that attorneys can use to better represent their clients.
Proposals will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Relevance to AAJ members
- Practical application
- Timeliness of the subject matter/topic
If your proposal is selected, you will be contacted by AAJ staff and provided with more detailed information including guidelines for speaker papers. All proposals will be kept on file in our faculty database for consideration at future AAJ Education programs.
Please note that speakers who teach at AAJ Education programs are volunteers. Speakers are responsible for all travel-related expenses and, for conventions, must pay the convention registration fee.
Thank you for your interest in speaking for AAJ!
For more information, contact:
Convention Educaton Coordinator, AAJ Education
(800) 424-2725, ext. 9523 or (202) 684-9523